Associate Director of Travel, Meetings and Events
This position is responsible for assisting in the management of the Association’s $100 million travel and meeting planning budget. This position assists with the daily operations of the travel, meetings and events department, serves as a liaison for transportation, meeting and events providers.
- Assist with the management of the Association’s $100 million travel budget including communications with the staff, membership, official travel agency, ground transportation provider, championship hotel vendor and other vendors.
- Provide customer service and education to member institutions, committee members and staff regarding the Association’s travel, meetings and events policies; transportation and per diem reimbursements; and any exception requests.
- Process expense reports for staff, committees, programs, championships and transient travelers within department guidelines.
- Provide joint oversight of the championship hotel program. Work closely with Championships and the hotel program vendor.
- Lead in the management and supervision of all aspects of the NCAA meeting planning and events program. Work with the operations staff to ensure effective oversight of internal conference center and catering and set-up vendors.
- In conjunction with on-site meeting planners, manage NCAA relationships with hotels, including negotiation of pricing, amenities and concessions. Manage relationship with any corporate partner in the lodging category to ensure compliance with agreement as well as effective use of association resources.
- Assist with the management of the annual NCAA Convention. Working with NCAA Operations, Communications, Governance and other national office departments as well as meeting and events vendors.
- Manage all accounting items related to travel such as the $6 million receivable account for air and ground expenses, funds transfers to vendors, journal entries of centrally billed airfare, and reconciliation of all travel accounts and expenses.
- Manage the Association’s corporate card program, including policy compliance, delinquent account management, spend analysis and management of rebate programs.
- Initiate and support process improvements to streamline work flows for travel, meetings and events.
- Provide 24/7 on-call assistance for travel agency, staff and membership 2 weeks per month, year-round beginning after the first year of employment.
- Special projects as assigned.