Associate Technical Director- Irving, TX
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payors, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. We believe in the importance of strong, vital organizations because we know that patients can only be healthy when our system is healthy. Wherever you contribute here at McKesson, you will have the ability to make a real impact in the lives of others.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career!
Please Apply at: McKesson Careers
Manage Virtual Meeting activities in accordance with digital events and audience engagement strategy and through application of industry best practices. This role aligns with the McKesson 2021 initiative to increase cost-savings and avoidance by leveraging the current webcast platform, INXPO, minimizing costs associated with conventional meetings. Design, specify and manage installation of integrated systems.
- Identify and address technical or logistical impediments to delivering scope of work
- Identify specific requirements for project, including but not limited to: test equipment, specialized tools, rigging support
- Test house audio or video processing systems software required for system functionality where applicable.
- Test integrated systems and perform troubleshooting when needed
- Coordinate with Senior Technical ector and Event Staff to assist with securing the necessary personnel for project execution
- Responsible for continued enhancement of the Virtual Meetings program.
- Collaborate with departments to develop content strategy for the Virtual Meetings platform (INXPO).
- Manage participation, provide support and training for participants on technology engagement tools and platforms.
- Manage and update the INXPO/McKesson video portal/ library.
- Capture and record cost-savings and cost-avoidance on related events in Cvent.
- Manage pre- and post-event analytics, including registration, engagement, cost, benefits and attendee feedback.
- Provide feedback and after-action reports for each event as it relates to technology and audience experiences.
- Provide post event metrics and analytics on audience engagement and participation to measure effectiveness of content strategy
- Develop and maintain the Virtual Meetings Toolkit as a resource and check list for strategic business partners or room leads.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and technology; participate in webcasts or digital events to explore best practices; implement process improvements as needed.
- Provide onsite Virtual Meetings management; including but not limited to oversight and customer support to users/staff.
- Responsible for getting approvals for expenses or costs required for the successful execution of the webcast.
- Responsible for recording and monitoring the meeting's budget.
- Provide updates during check-in meetings with the BU Manager
- Inform and update internal clients of any changes and/or enhancements within the INXPO platform
- Ability to setup and breakdown stage equipment (i.e stage lighting, speakers, video distribution systems, and stage) as needed per event.
- Ability to operate various arrays of production equipment (i.e cameras, digital and analog audio boards, AV production switching systems).
- Background in computer networking and troubleshooting Macintosh and Windows computers.
- 2+ years' experience in events planning
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent experience
Critical Skills include, but not limited to:
- Provide technical oversight of a project from conception through execution and completion
- Manage the lifecycle of Virtual Meeting deliverables including: scope; project plans and timelines; dependencies; communication; webcast s, vendor management, and on-site operation.
- Fluent in all aspects of digital and/or online events; to include knowledge of technology platforms.
- Excellent time-management skills, highly detail-oriented, and skilled at adhering to deadlines
- Superior project management skills with all organizational-levels and external vendors
- Experience in facilitating executive level teams
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in digital and/or online events; to include the development of strategies and production/execution
- Customer service and hospitality mindset throughout all customer interactions
- Experience in meetings and events industry preferred
- Digital Event Strategist (DES) Certification preferred
- Knowledge on Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premiere Pro preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and interact with diverse project teams
- Ability to multi-task and provide effective management of projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel to various locations as needed.
- Expert problem solver
- General Office Demands
- Ability to lift staging equipment
Benefits & Company Statement
We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it's flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer -
minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
Agency Statement:No agencies please