The Association of State Floodplain Managers (ASFPM) is looking to hire an experienced conference and event planner who loves planning events and has a passion for training peers. The ideal candidate is one who is committed to ASFPM’s mission, performs their work with integrity, and builds strong relationships with ASFPM members and non-members alike. The position is a full-time Conference and Event Planner working out of ASFPM’s executive office in Madison, Wisconsin. The primary responsibility of this position is to successfully plan and execute ASFPM’s annual national conference which trains over 1,200 attendees, as well as executing two to five additional special events and meetings each year. This position coordinates with and supports the ASFPM Training and E-learning program to enhance ASFPM’s virtual and in-person training, and conference events.Job Requirements
Key activities of this position include:
- Responsible for scheduling, planning, execution and evaluation of the ASFPM annual conference and other special events (Board/Committee Retreats, Certification Board of Regents Meeting, Specialty conferences and workshops);
- Lead site review, selection and negotiation of conference and event contracts, nationally;
- Produce and manage hotel specifications, menus, rooming blocks, on-site logistics, audio/visual specifications, offsite functions for attendees, and tracking of inventory of supplies and transportation;
- Solicit and develop new sponsors/exhibitors for conferences and other events;
- Trains, oversees, and coordinates with the annual conference local host team (State Chapter);
- Leads coordination of executive office actions/staff and preparation leading up to the conference/event;
- Works in partnership with staff to achieve conference budget goals and meeting budget goals;
- Develops and disseminates conference and events marketing and promotional messaging to attendees, participants, sponsors, exhibitors, and partners through email, social media, print communications, and event websites;
- Updates and maintains conference website, social media, and sends mass communications pertaining to the event/conference;
- Provides regular support and coordination with the Training and E-learning program on Association webinar series, and supports online meetings and webinars as needed;
- Support colleagues in coordinating event logistics for and/or assisting in other department needs for projects and other Association
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant field
- Three years professional experience with demonstrated event and/or conference examples.
- Advanced skills required in Microsoft Office Applications, especially with PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience using databases, performing queries
- Previous experience maintaining and updating website content
- Prior experience creating and updating marketing materials
- Personal attributes: Meeting deadlines; exceptional interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills; attention to detail; the ability to handle multiple tasks and shifting priorities; ability to handle evening and weekend work in support of events; the ability to work both independently and as part of a team; high level of integrity, diplomacy, and initiative; ability to effectively network, build relationships and coordinate with diverse groups of people from across the
- Valid Driver’s License
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) designation a plus.
OTHER POSITION INFORMATION - This is a full-time salaried position, located in the ASFPM office in Madison, Wisconsin. Travel is approximately 10% - 20% of time. ASFPM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment will require successfully passing a background check.
SALARY: $50,000 /year commensurate with experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A relocation package is available.
- Comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, and vision, as well as life, retirement, and short and long term disability;
- Three weeks’ vacation in first year;
- Paid holidays, sick leave and family leave.
Contact: Ingrid Wadsworth.