Job Title: Corporate Event and Sponsorship Specialist Team: Sales and Marketing Location: Americas & World Headquarters
Summary of duties and responsibilities:
The Corporate Event and Sponsorship Specialist is responsible for planning, managing, executing, and measuring the success of external events, partnerships, and speaking engagements, to build and enhance BST Global’s image and positioning within the architecture, engineering, and environmental consulting industry (AEC). Working closely with the Business Development, Sales, and Marketing teams, the Corporate Event and Sponsorship Specialist is tasked with maximizing return on third-party business partnerships through the management and execution of effective multi-channel sponsorship packages. The Corporate Event and Sponsorship Specialist is also responsible for the planning, management, and execution of digital and in-person corporate events, including the annual client conference.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Business Development teams to establish an integrated strategy for corporate events, sponsored events, and external association partnerships
- Manage execution of partnership and sponsorship agreements to ensure all assets, including but not limited to digital and print materials, editorial content, and speaking engagements, are delivered and/or performed in a timely, efficient manner
- Work closely with Marketing and Account Management teams to plan and execute annual in-person client conference
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing teams to plan and execute in-person and online sales events, including but not limited to, theme development, content gathering, logistics planning, venue management, attendee registration, and promotion
- Manage the logistics of Business Development, Sales, and Marketing teams’ participation in third party sponsored events, including but not limited to, accommodation arrangements, equipment and space reservations, transportation arrangement, shipment of booth materials and supplies, speaker scheduling, etc.
- Manage and track event registrations and attendance in Microsoft Dynamics CRM database
- Develop and manage event calendars and communicate key event deliverables and timelines
- Manage event budget, tracking expenses and reporting spend to senior leadership on regular basis
- Analyze and communicate performance against event attendance and partnership ROI benchmarks
- Stay up-to-date on AEC industry trends and events to proactively identify new market opportunities
- Perform ongoing research on event execution best practices to identify necessary updates and new market opportunities
- Serve as main point of contact for event vendors
Skills/Competencies: (List specific skills/specialties in order of importance)
- Proven experience successfully planning and managing corporate events
- Experience in partnership / sponsorship management and relations
- Working knowledge of digital event technologies (Go To Webinar preferred)
- Experience with CRM (Microsoft Dynamics CRM preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and organized, with proven ability to multi-task and solve problems
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret data to optimize results; and to effectively communicate performance to management through email, written reports, presentations, etc.
- Ability to learn quickly, stay current, and adapt to an evolving industry
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Well-versed in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Outlook, as well as Internet-based applications
Education, prior work experience:
- Four year BA/BS degree in public relations, marketing, or related field
- 3 to 5 years experience in event and sponsorship management
- Experience with B2B marketing a plus
- Experience in a technology company preferred (software a plus)
Specialized License, Certifications:
Number Supervised: 0 Travel: 0%
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as desktop and laptop computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.