The International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE), located in Tampa, FL has an immediate opening for a Director of Meetings & Programs. This person will report to the Vice President of Program Development and be responsible for the strategic development, management, positioning, implementation and overall results of the society’s meetings and associated educational programs. The role includes leading a team of program development and event operations staff in creating world-class networking and educational events. The position collaborates with senior staff, members of the Board of Directors and volunteers to develop regional and international programs that deliver a high-quality meeting and educational experience to ISPE’s members.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities regarding continuing education and content development include:
· Develop and implement business plans for the ISPE continuing education conferences.
· Lead cross-functional conference programming teams to ensure the development, promotion and delivery of high quality, financially viable programs that are reflective of industry needs.
· Collaborate with teams and volunteer leads to develop program concepts that define all conference program objectives, market position, value statements, unique features and benefits, as well as timelines and production milestones. Manage teams to meet timelines and attendance expectations.
· Oversee ISPE international continuing education efforts including oversight of and strategic direction for ISPE European and Asia Pacific Conferences.
· Act as primary point of contact for partner organizations involved in continuing education programs. With VP of Program Development, develop and negotiate partner agreements to ensure terms are equitable and meet ISPE’s needs. Manage partner relationships and ensure all agreed-upon deliverables for partner events are met.
· Act as primary point of contact with ISPE chapters and affiliates involved in continuing education events. Work to achieve greater involvement in education events by chapters and affiliates, as appropriate to each event.
· Work closely with VP, Program Development and ISPE senior staff to develop and implement 12-18 month planning cycle for all educational conferences.
· Monitor progress towards attendance and financial goals for all education conferences, providing weekly progress reports including financial forecasts to senior staff.
· Assist Manager, Continuing Education in development and management of event budgets.
· Working closely with program committee leads and the CE and Marketing and Communications (MarCom) teams, oversee the development of all CE promotional, public relations and onsite materials for each conference.
· Implement processes for conference program evaluation and standardize them across all educational offerings.
· Oversee all aspects of on-site program management.
· Work with senior staff to identify opportunities to create and market synergistic offerings to conference and training program attendees.
· Work with team to create and implement committee and speaker support tools that meet quality expectations and reflect ISPE’s global leadership brand.
· Collaborate in the development and maintenance of the ISPE product development pipeline.
· Institute quality processes and systems that reflect best practices and deliver member value.
· Adapt to changing processes and procedures while building and managing growth of education program.
· Attend, research and analyze competitive educational programs and events to glean ideas for new topics, processes, technologies, systems, trends, etc.
Regarding event logistics and planning:
· Oversee logistics for all Society meetings and events to include but not limited to: audio/visual, food and beverage, function space assignments, IT and office supplies, security, signage, family programs, guest/VIP amenities, floral, entertainment, photography/videography, translation services, transportation and floor plans.
· Work closely with the Manager, Event Operations to ensure that all conference logistical needs are met.
· Ensure all logistic related expenses are within or below established budget parameters.
· Oversee all on-site logistics, monitoring rooms for proper set-up and serve as onsite logistics contact for hotels and/or event venues.
· Oversee a smooth transition from pre, onsite and post registration execution with support of Member Services by taking the lead on all aspects of the registration process including review of registration form(s) and online registration in accordance with event planning timelines.
· Assist Manager, Event Operations in development and management of event budgets.
· Manage and oversee development and placement of all printed convention/meeting materials and onsite signage
· Work with official travel agency to negotiate group-meeting contracts with airlines and rental car companies.
· Oversee housing including VIP, staff, Board and all other reservations, concession allocation and monitoring pickup.
· Oversee management of social and networking events for all conferences and Annual Meeting including site selection, room setup, menu selection, invitations and RSVPs
· Oversee shipping and distribution of materials for conferences and training events
· Ensure the event inventory levels are maintained, packed and ship in a reasonable time to arrive at venues at the best possible rates.
· Collect, write and edit copy related to general information, registration procedures as it relates to hotel information, hotels and social events for all published information including brochures, web content, and on-site materials.
· Meet with hotel reps and suppliers on-site to review full meeting details.
· Review and approve hotel and event suppliers billing and event supplier bills with CE Manager and Event Operations Manager for approval by Department Head.
· Stay current on trends, prices/cost and look for ways to be cost efficient.
· Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Program Development.
Other Job Functions and Requirements:
· Supervise and develop staff to support departmental activities.
· Prepare and conduct performance reviews and provide active performance management to address success and/or deficiencies.
· Identify staff training needs and make arrangements through internal and/or external resources to address needs.
· Other duties and projects as requested or required.
Preferred Job Requirements
The candidate chosen for this position will have a bachelor’s degree at a minimum and at least 10 years’ experience in providing cutting-edge continuing education to professionals working in a medical/pharmaceutical or related field. Vision and creativity are key attributes for the successful candidate. Ability to use emotional intelligence in working with members, potential members, vendors, speakers and fellow staff members to create an environment of innovation and professional excellence is critical.
TIMELINE AND PROCESS
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: Tuft & Associates, ATTN: Karen Dunn Caspers, MSNM, CAE, firstname.lastname@example.org.