Event Manager at the Chilton Club
The Chilton Club is a private social Club in the Back Bay of Boston. Founded in 1910 by ten prominent women from Boston and named after Mary Chilton who is believed to be the first woman to step off the Mayflower. With 880 members, a beautiful Clubhouse, thoughtfully appointed overnight sleeping rooms, private event spaces, and a beautiful dining room, the Chilton Club is rich in history and tradition.
The Event Manager will promote the Club’s dining facilities for private banquets, business and social meetings, and other member-related activities. He / She will develop banquet event orders and / or contracts for all events in conjunction with overseeing all administrative and operational aspects of preparing and serving events. Promoting teamwork and effective communication while working alongside other departments to ensure that the guest’s expectations are exceeded.
· Promotes the Club social event facilities to all members
· Arranges dinners, member events, luncheons, meetings, weddings, dances and other social events; obtains pertinent information needed for event planning
· Provides tours and offer suggestions in efforts to sell the merits of the Club’s facilities for the occasion being planned
· Collaborates with Executive Chef and General Manager to determine selling prices for catered events; oversees the development of contracts and BEO’s
· Suggests menu and helps guests plan menu in conjunction with the Executive Chef and/or other culinary personnel
· Transmits necessary information to and conducts event planning with production, serving and housekeeping staffs
· Be present to oversee the actual service and greeting of attendees
· Verify function sheets compared with room set-up and attend to details of the arrangements
· Oversees personnel scheduling for special functions and assist in the supervision of service personnel
· Oversees scheduling of periodic food and beverage service employee meetings to ensure correct interpretation of Club policies and procedures
· Assists in the training of the service personnel to include the finer points of proper service techniques
· Ensures member satisfaction
· Maintains past and potential event files; schedules calls/visits to assess on-going needs of prospective event hosts for both private and Club events
· Facilitates catering forecasting and budgets; reviews financial reports and takes corrective actions as appropriate
· Assists members and guests with parking, entertainment, decorations, audio/visual and any other requirements integral to the events being planned
· Assists with the a la carte dining room as needed
· Other duties as requested by the General Manager
The Event Manager position requires a high degree of visibility and a hands-on approach to member and non-member events, including weddings. Must be on-site for functions, so nights are essential and weekends as deemed by business demands. Assistance required at times in the a la carte dining room. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable speaking with high level members and hosts. Attention to detail and prompt responsiveness are paramount.
College degree required with concentration in hospitality preferred. Minimum of 2 years’ experience at a high end Private Club, City Club, or hotel is preferred.
Candidate must be computer savvy and adept at using diverse software. Familiarity with forecasting and budgeting desired.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience. This is a year-round exempt position, with salary, excellent benefits, and bonus potential.
General Manager / COO
Please submit your resume to
No phone calls please