Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing (Sigma) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is advancing world health and celebrating nursing excellence in scholarship, leadership, and service. Our more than 135,000 active nurse members across the globe are recognized leaders and scholars who demonstrate global nursing excellence. Sigma currently has an opening onsite at our Indianapolis, IN headquarters for an Event Planner. This position provides planning, implementation and evaluation of events sponsored by Sigma and subsidiaries.
We offer health, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability coverage, a retirement plan, free parking, 15 paid holidays per year, and a generous amount of paid time off beginning in the first year of employment.
- Provide necessary information to the hotels to manage logistics – i.e., catering, room set-up, audio equipment, etc. for Sigma meetings and events
- Coordinate on-site registration processes and services, onsite and post event reporting and survey/evaluations for assigned programs
- Generate RFP’s and negotiate with hotels and vendors on behalf of Sigma
- Research, evaluate and implement improved processes and procedures for continuous improvement
- Design and produce the best quality events, with attention to the details, ensuring a flawless experience for Sigma attendees, sponsors, vendor partners and volunteers
- Responsibilities include forecasting (budgeting) and managing various meeting revenue areas and expense budgets to meet Sigma objectives and goals
- Help determine best pricing structure for events
- In collaboration with the Events Manager develop improved meeting and event
processes and efficiencies for managing the logistics for all Sigma meetings and events
- Responsible for monitoring, communicating and responding to member and miscellaneous emails coming to Events Team and Sigma and the department, on or any other customer services areas for the department
- Develop collaborative relationships with local groups and organizations whose missions support the work of Sigma and to learn and develop best practices in meeting and event planning
- Assist and support other department managers and staff on all logistical planning for Sigma meetings and events
- Other duties may be assigned
- Minimum 3-5 years educational meeting planning and logistics experience in a multi-departmental non-profit environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge in continuing professional education programs include familiarity with CE, rules & regulations compliance, as related to meeting coordination preferred
- Strong technical background and experience with company/organization wide databases, web and website applications and preferred meetings industry technology software tools (meeting planning logistics, Web/Smartphone, registration/badge, evaluation/surveys tools, and CE software applications)
- Proficient in the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and mail merges; RegOnline, Cvent and other meeting technology platforms
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, ability to network, and demonstrated high level of confidence and poise with a strong member service orientation
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and work
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism
- Demonstrated personal integrity in negotiations with vendors and contractors
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally to support projects and business requirements
Please apply directly through our website at https://www.sigmanursing.org/forms/stti-employment-application and include a resume and salary requirements in order to be considered.
Contact Person: Laura Thurman.