Do you enjoy planning and coordinating meaningful and engaging events? Would you like to apply your event planning knowledge to support socially responsible, independent, and community-owned grocery stores?
National Co+op Grocers (NCG) is a member-owned business service cooperative providing a variety of services to retail food co-ops in 37 states. NCG helps unify food co-ops in order to optimize operational and marketing resources, strengthen purchasing power, and offer more value to food co-op shoppers everywhere.
We are seeking an energetic and experienced individual with a passion for planning events. This position will lead the planning and production of trainings and conferences for attendees from NCG co-ops throughout the United States, as well as some internal events.
This position will be based in NCG's St. Paul, Minnesota office and will include up to 20% travel.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead logistics planning and project management of NCG events, including national conferences, while maintaining event costs within planned budgets.
- Ensure venue and physical logistics of events are aligned with program desired outcomes and provide an excellent attendee experience.
- Source venues to make recommendations to event owner, lead the venue contracting process.
- Source and contract services including, but not limited to, transportation, catering, and audio-visual, while establishing and maintaining professional positive working relationships with vendors.
- Manage all event logistics on-site, including: facilities, transportation, food and beverage functions, event production, speakers, event staff, and additional activities, as applicable.
- Set-up and manage event registration, travel bookings, and rooming lists, serve as point person for customer logistical inquiries.
- Provide excellent internal client and member-facing customer service.
- Complete final event invoicing and billing.
- Manage event staff including interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- 5-7 years of previous experience leading event planning, including experience in managing and producing all aspects of an event.
- Strong project management skills and experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to clearly communicate in writing and verbally.
- Ability to think critically in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Flexibility and maturity; able to remain calm while working with shifting priorities and deadlines essential.
- A self-starter who is able to work independently and prioritize work.
- CMP Certification
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, public relations, hospitality, education, or related field
- Previous experience as a supervisor
- Hybrid event knowledge and experience
- Willingness and ability to learn and grow to meet the changing requirements of the job
Our team members are our most-valued asset; we offer a generous salary and benefits package including 4 weeks PTO at hire, medical, dental, vision, company paid Life/ Disability/ Long Term Care insurance, HSA/FSA with company contribution, a matching 401K plan with profit sharing and much more.
located between St. Paul and Minneapolis
2610 University Ave W, Suite 150 | St. Paul, MN 55114
Free Parking | Front Door Light Rail Station (Westgate - Green Line)
About NCG: National Co+op Grocers (NCG), founded in 1999, is a business services cooperative for retail food co-ops located throughout the United States. We represent 145 food co-ops operating over 200 stores in 37 states with combined annual sales over $2.1 billion and over 1.3 million consumer-owners. By providing a variety of purchasing, management, development, marketing and other services, our co-ops are able to gain many of the advantages large grocery chains enjoy, while still reflecting the unique qualities of their local communities. For a map of NCG member and associate co-ops, visit ourFind-a-Co-op page. To learn more about co-ops, visit www.strongertogether.coop.
Apply By: November 29