This role assists with the coordination of various day to day activities to keep the events department operating efficiently and effectively. Insures assigned activities are responded to/addressed in a timely manner, creating a positive customer service experience. Assist with logistics of all major corporate events and tradeshows as well as smaller, local events for local sales offices, community involvement, services and adjacent business units.
Under general supervision and little decision-making:
- Supports trade show events including vendor selection, negotiations, contracting and the execution of onsite production/audio and visual activities.
- Monitors and responds to the Events hotline and email inbox on a daily basis; insuring that all inquiries are forwarded to the appropriate internal contact and responded to within a timely manner.
- Submits marketing/events related job requests for various projects, providing accurate specifications, timelines and requirements for jobs to be received on time.
- Serves as main point of contact for various local sponsorships to insure that assets are delivered and approved as contractually agreed upon; may require coordination with other business units.
- Assists other Events team members with the execution of various large event components (security, signage, internal communications) as well as trade show logistics (staff reservations, booth contracts, material ordering).
- Maintains internal events group website; updating the site with current event dates, processes etc.
- Prepares and expedites shipments to event locations and various business unit offices.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Advertising or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience in events, sponsorships, tradeshows or related industry is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Experienced with tradeshow operations including vendor management.
- Experienced in operations of audio/visual presentations especially in a tradeshow environment.
- Strong knowledge of installation, operations, maintenance and troubleshooting of audiovisual equipment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft® Office Suite.
- Demonstrated skills in operation of audio and video equipment.
- Communicates clearly and concisely, orally and in writing; and maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Strong organization and communication skills are required.
- Excellent customer service orientation.