The Colorado Restaurant Association, a Denver-based non-profit trade association, seeks an experienced Events & Sponsorship Manager. This is highly visible position with responsibility for supporting the President & CEO. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and coordinating meetings, programs, and events for all boards and committees of the CRA and its two affiliate organizations
- Developing and managing proposals and contracts for outside services
- Assuming full responsibility for meeting space ion, contracts, and set up
- Preparing all s of written communication surrounding events/program and presentations for a diverse audience including members, providers, partners, elected officials, media, and staff
- Planning and running events for the association including the annual orado Restaurant Show, the Industry Spotlight Awards, golf tournaments, political dinners and other events as needed
- Selling exhibit spaces for the Colorado Restaurant Show
- Managing the overall sponsorship program including corporate and event sponsorships. Meeting with current and potential sponsors. Overseeing all sponsorship fulfillment.
- Cultivating and maintaining strong working relationships.
The ideal candidate is an energetic, polished professional who thrives onmulti-tasking, problem solving, and providing incomparable external and internal customer service, while using discretion and maintaining strict confidentiality in dealing with a diverse assortment of individuals and issues. Ability to be flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient is crucial to this position.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) plus a minimum of 3-5 years' experience in a similar position, preferably in a nonprofit association or membership organization
- Experience managing multiple events and programs simultaneously
- Exceptional verbal & written communication, organization, negotiation, and presentation skills; expertise in diffusing pressure situations
- Self-directed, results-oriented work with strong decision-making ability and a preference for working independently or in close harmony with a small team
- Discriminating attention to detail and proficiency in working autonomously, setting priorities, and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated success in addressing the needs of a diverse group of individuals
- Strong aptitude with desktop and network-based software applications including expert level proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Basic and website experience preferred.
- Experience in graphics programs preferred, including Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- Experience with event-based software, such as Cvent, preferred.
Submit a cover letter along with your resume, two writing samples, salary history, and salary requirements to email@example.com. In addition, please share your member service philosophy and examples of how your skills and experience align with our requirements. All submissions received will be kept confidential, and only complete submissions will be considered for the position.
Colorado Restaurant Association offers competitive salary, vacation and PTO leave, health insurance, dental benefits, vision benefits, 401K, discretionary retirement contribution, short and long-term disability, life insurance, private office and free parking.