Are you creative with a passion for designing and planning events such as the Mountainfilm on Tour Phoenix that educates and inspires Arizonans about the importance of conservation work? Do you have stellar customer service experience where you can easily partner and engage with staff, donors, trustees, public agencies and other key players? Our Events Manager opening could be the next step in your career!
As the Events Manager, you will play a critical role on the marketing team partnering with the development team, board of trustees and conservation programs to deliver meaningful and compelling events that build awareness and connect target audiences to the importance of our conversation work. You’ll work towards meeting the strategic priorities of the Arizona program by developing and coordinating tactics for approved plans and completing and/or overseeing day-to-day tasks that align with our mission’s ambitious goals. You’ll provide your expertise in how best to achieve results, improve workflow and participate in the enhancement of systems and tools utilized by the team.
In case you’re not familiar, The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in more than 72 countries, all 50 United States, and your neighborhood. Founded in 1951, our mission is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity therefore we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
As a leader in Arizona’s conservation community, our team of scientists and problem solvers believe all life depends on nature and a healthy future depends on us. From working to secure water, conserve critical forests, deserts and grasslands, and reduce emissions, The Nature Conservancy is building a future where people and nature thrive together.
The ideal candidate will have a background and track record that includes:
- Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years related experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience managing and implementing multiple projects and negotiating agreements.
- Experience supervising staff, interns, and/or volunteers.
- Experience with current technology in relevant field.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience, coursework, or other training in principles and practices of relevant field.
- Must possess valid driver license.
Some preferred knowledge, skills and experience that would be helpful
- Multi-lingual skills, multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- Ability to work in partnership with others in a collaborative role.
- Demonstrated ability to conceive and articulate creatively for various audiences.
- Knowledge of current and evolving trends in the specific field, preferably in a non-profit environment
- Strong organization, planning, collaboration and problem-solving skills.
- Successful experience implementing strategic program goals.
The preferred hiring range for this position is $60,000-$65,000.
Become a force for nature and a healthy planet by joining the Arizona team!
If you are interested in working to save the planet, want to work in a collaborative environment, and like a great benefits package, review our full position description here (https://bit.ly/2QucUIX) or please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID 47115 in the keyword search.
Submit your application by 11:59 PM ET on January 3, 2019 to be considered.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of diverse people of all genders, backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, gender identities, military or veteran status or other status protected by law.