- Respects authority of Events command officers by promptly and professionally complying with direction from Events base and command and post assignment and specific orders from Supervisor.
- Monitors person(s) entering the Events Center, ensuring safe and orderly pedestrian traffic entering and leaving. Assists in evacuating guests/staff from facility to safe area, as needed.
- Uses proper radio protocol at all times. Keeps radio transmissions clean, complete and concise. Uses radio only when necessary.
- Monitors person(s) entering and during an event, ensuring no prohibited items are possessed, including, but not limited to , cameras, cell phones, food items glass or metal beverage containers, alcoholic beverages, and packages (bundles, briefcases, suit cases, back packs etc).
- Responds efficiently and appropriately to emergency situations.
- Assists in monitoring all special event vehicular traffic during load ins and load outs ensuring that they are completed as efficiently and expeditiously as possible. Takes all appropriate actions to avoid unnecessary traffic congestion and delays for events.
- Thoroughly controls access to restricted areas in a professional and courteous manner. (Age enforcement, back of house access)
- Reports all irregular activity immediately (safety hazards, violations, criminal activity, sleepers, and panhandlers).
- Always stays within confines of post or patrol assignment unless relieved or dispatched.
- Must have a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality at all times on and off premises.
- Must be able to pass Turning Stone Security Department training program.
- Previous Security experience is preferred.
- Must have or be able to obtain applicable certifications.
- Must possess valid NYS Driver's license.
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and have fine manipulation of the hands.
- Constantly required to lift and carry up to 20 pounds sometimes over 100 pounds.