Foundation Events Specialist (122076)GA - Atlanta
- Date Posted: Oct 30, 2018
- Company: The Home Depot
- Travel: 0-25%
- Functional Area: Communications/External Affairs
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Relocation Provided: No
Supports the Foundation in the planning, coordination, organization and implementation of events, meetings and sponsorships; this position is responsible for maintaining the integrity, accuracy and effectiveness of the data related to the Foundation, events and its vendors. Handles questions and issues related to registrations and payments with strong customer service orientation.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 35% Assist the Foundation events team on the planning and execution of 10 annual fundraising events as well as other projects. Includes coordinating orders for event premium items (tote bags, lanyards, etc.), managing rooming lists and VIP itineraries, assisting with Team Depot project coordination, assisting with event activities, and providing on-site event support as necessary.
- 15% Provide internal registration support. Act as support registration contact for third party vendors. Assist with lection of vendor logos and Cvent registration website creation, edits and reporting as necessary.
- 10% Create and send event communications such as save-the-dates, invitations, reminder emails, rooming emails and other communications as needed.
- 10% Responsible for creation and maintenance of event tools such as the mobile event app and golf auction websites.
- 10% Plan and execute smaller meetings, Team Depot project logistics, etc. as assigned.
- 10% Attend meetings, manage internal client communications, manage hotel and other external client relationships as needed to assist event leads.
- 5% Manage invoices, check request, and outstanding payments received through the Foundation.
- 5% Assist with metric analysis in of client surveys and post-event financial documents.
- Position reports to Senior Manager, Events and Communications
- No direct responsibility for supervising others
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Travel required (approx. 25%). Approx. (8) week-long trips - heavier in spring and fall.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
- Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about; occasionally there may be a need to stoop or lift light objects (typically less than 8 pounds).
- Demonstrated program design and management experience in marketing, events or related field. Prefer prior experience in events management or related field of study.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Outstanding communications skills written and verbal
- Team player
- Analytic skills and ability to manage budgets
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service orientation
- Excellent listening and interpretive skills
- Organized, efficient and detail-oriented
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with tight deadlines
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, or, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender entity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class