As a national, non-profit organization, the Royal College speaks for more than 50,000 medical and surgical specialists and resident affiliates. The mission of the Royal College is to serve patients, diverse populations and our Fellows by setting the standards in specialty medical education and lifelong learning, and by advancing professional practice and health care. Located in Ottawa, the Royal College offers a stimulating and professional work environment.
Hospitality and Events Captain Event Management and Hospitality Services (EMHS) Temporary assignment for 12-18 months
Do you have meetings and hospitality experience? Have you been recognized for providing outstanding customer service that exceeds guests’ expectations? Do you have experience maintaining and implementing hospitality standards? Do you thrive in busy, fast-paced and constantly changing environments? If yes, please connect with us!
Reporting to the Team Lead, Meetings and Hospitality, the incumbent will oversee the work of all servers; ensuring the correct set-up and assembly for events in addition to food and beverage requirements. The position is responsible for implementing set service standards on the floor, which includes providing guidance and direction to service staff and contract employees during events.
Setting yourself up for service excellence:
• Oversees set up and assembly of food & beverage requirements for events.
• Serves guests, assigns duties to servers, and oversees the activities of all servers during assigned shifts, including necessary on the job training as required.
• Strong support with client group during an event to ensure everything runs seamlessly, including troubleshooting audio visual and basic IT equipment plus effectively handling any concerns.
• Monitors and responds to Hospitality Help Line calls
• Receives deliveries and verifies accuracy, freshness, etc. as per checklist as well as inventories
• Adheres to all environment policies and procedures as required while ensuring a clean & safe environment.
• Provides administrative assistance for other departmental requirements, in particular for conferences and special events/protocol, e.g., preparing conference materials, preparing, issuing and tracking invitations, assisting with conference shipments and team training materials.
You come to us with:
• College Certificate in Hospitality and Meetings or equivalent in experience.
• At least two years of directly related experience
• Experience and passion for delivering excellent customer service and for maintaining and implementing hospitality standards
• High motivation, dedication to detail and accuracy, an ability to observe deadlines, to work independently or as a member of a team, to be flexible in adjusting to workloads
• Ability to motivate colleagues and work under pressure with tight time constraints
• Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
• Understanding of audio visual equipment and IT equipment used in meetings and events
• Experience with meeting logistics and different styles of set-up for meeting/banquet rooms
• Smart Serve and Food Handler certified
• Must be able to lift objects up to 25 pounds, push heavy carts on wheels and stand for long periods of time
• Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, and overtime when required.
Access to a vehicle is preferred
To apply, please forward your résumé, covering letter and salary expectations by November 25, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure the hiring committee reviews your application, quote posting JD450, last name, first name in the email subject line.
Interviews for the selected candidates: Week of December 3, 2018.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest; however will only contact those under consideration. An eligibility list may be established for similar positions of various tenures for a one year period.
Royal College is committed to building an inclusive and accessible learning and working environment. We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this commitment, the Royal College will make appropriate accommodations available. As required, please inform People Services of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require to ensure your equal participation. Click to learn about Royal College and visit us at royalcollege.ca
Salary Band 3: $40,749.00 to $54,690.00