The Leisure Group Sales Manager will be responsible for selling Sarasota County and booking room nights within the destination among SMERF meeting markets (Social, Military, Education, Religious & Fraternal), Weddings, Reunions and Motorcoach groups, as well as Government/ Non-Profit Groups. This position will educate and establish working relationships with domestic travel agents, motor coach operators and Leisure group meeting planners with the goal of increasing economic impact for Sarasota County through sales efforts. This position will travel domestically 6-10 times a year for business, up to one week at a time. This employee is exempt and serves at-will.
Reporting and Working Relationship
The Leisure Group Sales Manager reports directly to the Senior Meeting Sales Manager.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
· Bachelor's degree in hospitality, marketing or industry comparable experience preferred.
· Experience in hotel group sales or familiarity with the meetings convention market a plus.
· Excellent interpersonal, writing, communication, presentation and organizational skills required.
· Ability to exercise judgement and diplomacy in a wide variety of public contact situations.
· Must be able to obtain a valid Florida Driver License and reliable transportation.
· Ability to lift 35 pounds.
· Strong computer skills required, including knowledge and competency in Microsoft Office applications and the ability to become proficient in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software.
· Ability to travel out of the area for 6-10 overnight trips annually for up to one week at a time and be available for nights and/or weekends as necessary for hosting clients in Sarasota County.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Create and effectively implement annual leisure group sales strategies to result in increased Economic Impact for Sarasota County.
· Generate group leads and book group business through active prospecting; d-calling; tradeshows; conducting familiarization tours and other creative sales activities that generate an ROI on leisure group business for Sarasota County.
· Effective management of the Leisure Group sales budget.
· Keeps accurate and up to date files on all potential, definite & lost leisure group business.
· Coordinate and conduct training sessions and webinars for all sales markets.
· Conduct in-destination familiarization tours for motor coach operators and travel agents.
· Create co-op leisure sales promotions & sales opportunities for Visit Sarasota County partners.
· Provides monthly and quarterly sales reports to the Senior Meeting Sales Manager and the ector of Sales.
· Create promotional communications, mailings and sales materials.
· Prepares and processes timely and accurate travel expense reports.
· Works with Group Sales Coordinator to manage all aspects of travel agent, motor coach & leisure group business development including leads, bids, follow-up and in-destination group requests.
· Keeps all leisure & group industry related membership dues & membership profiles, etc. up-to-date.
· Responsible for processing registration, making travel arrangements and setting-up for tradeshow events.
· Regularly communicate with Sarasota County partner hotels, restaurants and attractions to ensure accurate and up-to-date information is promoted to travel agents, motor coach operators and leisure group organizers.
· Work with Group Sales Coordinator to utilize social media accounts to promote weddings, reunions and other group business interests.
Salary Range: $45,000-$48,000
Director of Finance & Administration