Looking for a fun, rewarding TEMPORARY gig? One of our Purchasing Managers is going out on Maternity Leave October 2018 - through March 2019 and we're looking for someone with Purchasing experience to help fill in the holes!
MFactor, one of the Bay Area's premier meeting and incentive companies, has a TEMPORARY opening for a purchasing guru who is energetic, positive and enjoys creating fun, engaging programs for clients. The position focuses on research, development and budgeting for meetings, user conferences, incentive programs and events. This person needs a background working for a meeting and event company enabling her/him to hit the ground running.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Research destinations, properties and activities/events both nationally and internationally for client programs.
- Develop and manage hotel searches and communicate ectly with hotel representatives to gather information.
- Prepare feasibility studies for review with internal Mfactor staff and client contacts.
- Establish and maintain strong partner relationships with hotel partners and vendors.
- Negotiate terms, execute and administer multiple contracts with hotel properties, facilities and vendors in accordance with budget constraints and policies and procedures.
- Develop and manage new business proposals: coordinate all parties involved in proposal process both externally and within Mfactor, receive initial from the Mfactor sales executive, develop and manage timeline for delivery and ensure deadlines are met, maintain ongoing contact with partner vendors, develop budgets, write proposal and quality control all pieces of proposal, oversee creative development of the look and feel for the proposal and more.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Experience in third-party meeting/event company or agency would be really helpful.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to create and foster supportive working relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong budgeting, Excel and Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience with and an established network of hotel, off-site venue, activity, event and DMC representatives.
- Excellent contract negotiation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Extensive factual and creative writing experience.
- Ability to work independently or as a team.
- Enjoy working for a small, fun and fast-paced company.
- Willingness to "roll up your sleeves" and help associates as needed.
Send resume and a cover letter telling why you would be a good match with our team of hard-working professionals to email@example.com No telephone calls please.