Thriving communities for all
CFT stimulates creative solutions to key challenges in our community. We thoughtfully and effectively support our diverse donors and grantees by providing exemplary service and by demonstrating accountability. We improve lives through an unwavering commitment to lasting impact.
Enhancing the experience and impact of giving through:
1. Exemplary service;
2. Wise stewardship of resources; and as a
3. Trusted partner for community knowledge and collaboration.
Educate Texas, Working Families Success Network, the W. W. Caruth, Jr. Foundation and other key initiatives. Since 1953, CFT has granted more than $1.7 billion to support nonprofits in our region, across the nation and the world. Learn more at www.CFTexas.org and through this recent overview video.main focus is to enhance the experience and impact of giving for individuals, families, companies, foundations and nonprofits by offering charitable tools like donor-advised funds, scholarships, and more. CFT's strategic plan includes 1) growing giving in our region, 2) catalyzing change in critically important areas such as education, medical and scientific research and public safety and 3) strengthening the local philanthropic sector of donors and nonprofits. CFT administers
The Meeting & Events Coordinator will report to the CFT Facilities & Events Manager to plan, organize and execute all aspects of internal and external meetings and events ranging from small group luncheons to large-scale events with hundreds of attendees for both CFT and its education initiative, Educate Texas (EdTx). CFT hosts approximately 400 meetings and events annually for both internal and external groups. EdTx hosts and/or participates in more than 100 meetings and events annually in various locations in Texas. The Meeting and Events Coordinator will collaborate with internal staff and departments across the organization for planning and coordinating details related to executing meetings and events.This position requires event planning and management experience, a positive attitude, ability to work independently, clear understanding of the fundamentals of customer service and a high degree of poise.
- Develop an understanding of the both CFT and EdTX and their respective constituents to appropriately prioritize events and facilities support
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date calendar of meetings and events for both and communicate logistical information internally and externally as appropriate
- Secure meeting/convening room space both internally at CFT quarters and externally for convenings held off-site and oversee room set-up
- Lead contract negotiations for offsite event space needs
- Act as point of contact for internal and external partners regarding event details
- Secure food and beverages required for meetings/convenings
- Secure/coordinate AV and technology setup and support
- Develop understanding of budgets, funding, and coding; Secure cost estimates against plans; Manage event expenses
- Assist with preparation and obtaining meeting/convening materials
- Provide any needed day-of event oversight and support (including registration, vendor management, load-in/load-out, etc.)
- Participate in meeting/convening post debriefs
- Maintain current, accurate database and build relationships with event vendors both locally and across the state, such as caterers, audio-visual providers, florists, event planners, music, security firms, valet, etc.
- Manage event supplies (table cloths, step and repeat banners, pop-up banners, etc.) and EdTX event kits
- Coordinate and arrange for dry cleaning as needed for organization-owned tablecloths, napkins, etc.
- Provide assistance with other building-related work as requested including holiday decorating, vendor supervision and special projects
- Plan and execute all events within CFT event standards and protocols
- Other duties as assigned
As a representative of the EdTX marketing and communications team the coordinator will work with appropriate EdTX cross-functional teams to:
- Strategize and facilitate the type, scale, tone, theme, audience and content for each event; Assist with defining event goal
- Develop and manage timeline(s)
- Identify attendees and build invitation lists
- Set up appropriate registration and reporting tools (for both paid and unpaid events)
- Identify and manage event support elements (printed and digital, such as save-the-dates, invitations, webpage(s), event aps, general lateral, signage, décor, giveaways, name tags, etc.)
- Coordinate event support staff (employees or volunteers)
- Secure and manage photographers and videographers as needed
- Maintain look and feel of events to best and consistently represent the EdTX brand
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience preferred
- Certification as meeting planner preferred, but not required
- At least three to five years of professional experience in planning and implementing events or similar career experience working with scheduling and managing meeting and/or similar functions is preferred
- Experience working with volunteer advisory boards and with nonprofit agencies is preferred
- Experience using Blackbaud software suite is a plus
Skills & Requirements
- Customer oriented, anticipating and responding proactively to the needs and concerns of others
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and work laboratively under deadline pressure
- Maintain professionalism during stressful situations and able to continue to provide a high-level of customer service in a calm manner
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization, as well as with external vendors, partners and suppliers
- Self-motivated, and able to work independently with minimal ection.
- Organizes and prioritizes work, using time and resources wisely with a high degree of attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able and willing to work flexible and additional hours as needed; work hours may require some evenings, early mornings and/or holidays
- This position will be located in Dallas with occasional travel as necessary
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is occasionally required to lift, carry (up to 50 pounds), stoop, bend, climb, crawl, push, pull or perform other physical activities
- Walk and/or stand for long periods of time
- Valid state issued driver's license
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all employees within this class.
Accommodations: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.