Your future team:
Are you an events professional looking for a top-notch team of supportive and experienced corporate planners? Is logistics your middle name? AIG Financial Distributors Meetings and Events Department is a full service in-house team of talented planners who plan more than 250 events a year. Our goal is to provide excellent customer service and ensure the department is viewed by AIG executive management, staff, members, and affiliate organizations as a best-in-class meeting and event planning partner, able to achieve the unique business objectives of each event, keeping customer needs and Company goals upper most in mind.
Based in Brentwood, Tennessee, this coordinator will plan, administer, and execute events on behalf of AIG Financial Distributors with a focus on the Life business line. Events range in size from 10 - 300 people and include sales incentives, sales trainings, executive meetings, team buildings, employee events, client dinners and meetings, and on-campus sales training and interdepartmental meetings at the AIG Conference Center. Being able to manage multiple events at the same time is essential. Additional members of the department consist of 2 AIG Conference Coordinators in the AIG Conference Center in Brentwood and 5 planners and ector in Houston.
Your contribution at AIG:
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a "go-to" source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
Candidate must have:
- 5-10 years experience planning events as the Lead Planner in varying sizes up to 300 people or more
- Demonstrate independent work with little oversight and the ability to work with remote teams and be a team player.
- Professionalism - Ability work with C-level executives and clients on a daily basis and guide them with sound advice based on experience and with confidence.
- Build and manage advanced on-line registration sites and mobile event apps - *CVENT Preferred
- Manage small and large budgets, rooming lists, transportation manifests and registration reports in Excel
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated on-site staff leadership for mid to large size meetings
- Travel to manage meetings on-site, conduct site ion visits and planning site visits.
- Travel required. 10-20% varying times throughout the year.
What we are looking for:
- Education Minimum: Bachelor's Degree (preferably Hospitality related)
- CMP, CMM, or other hospitality or travel industry related certifications
- CVENT - Event Management system knowledge
- Experience in building mobile event apps in CrowdCompass
- Operated on the supply-side (hotel, convention center, CVB, or third-party intermediary) and on the event planning side is a plus.
- Excellent skills using Excel, including sorting, ulas, merging, filters, pivot tables and multi-tab integration
- Food and Beverage Planning for large mutli-day groups and BEO reviews
- Experience with ordering Promotional products and maintaining inventory
- Understand common contractual clauses such as Attrition, Force Majeure, and
- Have contacts and knowledge of Nashville hotels and venues
- Ability to speak and read Chinese and understand Chinese culture a plus