Provides courteous and efficient service to both clients and staff for oversight and coordination of onsite meetings. Oversee local office conference space and utilization for daily requirements and office specific needs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates meeting and event planning as assigned.
- Initiates site and vendor ion, requests contracts, provides onsite support, and handles menu/logistics planning for assigned meetings.
- Contacts meeting owners as necessary to finalize and confirm meeting details.
- Meets with meeting owners/ meeting contacts to plan special events and meetings.
- Works with food service vendor to provide special menus, linens, china etc. as needed.
- Checks meeting services prior to meetings to ensure all requirements are set and ready.
- Coordinates and reviews event invitations with Conference Services and meeting owners.
- Attends weekly meetings with facilities, Conference Room Planners and IS to review the upcoming week's details as required
- Liaison with Conference Room Planners/ Meeting Coordinators as needed to confirm meeting details and update office information in EMS
- Supervises the local Meeting Coordinator including recruiting, hiring training, development, and daily oversite of his/her daily responsibilities.
- Responsible for the local workflow for the Meeting and Events team.
- Oversees the process for which conference rooms are used in the local office and acts as point of contact for questions, concerns and escalation of issues as needed.
- Evaluates the policies around the use and services of local conference rooms and makes recommendations for changes or escalates issues surrounding policy or service issues either the Office ector or the ector of Travel, Meetings, and Conference Services as appropriate.
- Ensures laboration with other Meeting Coordinators on issues which should be considered across offices.
- Reviews invoices related to meetings and events for accuracy, and submits same for payment.
- As required offers back up support for Meeting Coordinator.
- Contributes to the firm's Service Excellence initiative to consistently improve its image internally and externally. Displays professionalism, quality service and a "can do" attitude to internal members/departments of the firm as well as external clients and vendors via electronic and print correspondence, over the telephone and in-person.
- Excellent computer, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and complete assigned task on a timely basis.
- B.A. degree preferred
- 4-5 years' experience with meeting coordination preferred.
- Experience negotiating hotel contracts required.
- Knowledge of the local hotel and restaurant business is preferred.
- 2 years supervisor experience or 2 years WilmerHale experience
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability