A-Plus Meetings and Incentives is an award-winning meeting management services provider seeking an experienced Meeting Coordinator. We have 25 years of experience serving the meeting and incentive travel needs of Fortune 500 companies – everything from 25-person Board of Director meetings to 5,000-person sales meetings. We are a WBENC-certified woman-owned business with a passion for helping our clients create exceptional meetings throughout the U.S. and across the globe. If you share our passion for creating memorable meetings, come join our team of 25+ people (and growing!) in Miami, Florida.
Ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of corporate meeting coordinator experience with knowledge of agenda management, F&B management, meeting technology tools, and budget management. Exceptional customer service attitude a must!
Excellent compensation and benefits package for the right candidate. We're a high-touch service organization with a "never say no" attitude. If you share our values, please send your resume.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Responsible for assisting the Meeting Planner in developing and managing client programs and client relationships. Coordinating the participant enrollment process by assisting with all databases, reporting and internet enrollment process while providing excellent customer service to our client to ensure they have appositive program experience.Job Requirements
- Customer service oriented
- Project and budget management
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail and an eye for quality
- Taking initiative and being proactive
- Problem solving
- Provide total customer service to our clients and their participants.
- Responsible for building a strong client relationship.
- Manage vendor contractual guarantees.
- Assist with managing the hotel/resort room block including revisions and reviewing hotel room lists for accuracy in conjunction with the data lead.
- Coordinate participant air travel with air agents.
- Quality control air tickets and air manifests for accuracy.
- Create and maintain program databases.
- Work with the Meeting Planner to manage the participant enrollment process.
- Create and produce all program mailings for participants and on-site travel staff.
- Relay trip and/or meeting information accurately to Meeting Planner, participants and suppliers in a timely manner.
- Research new vendors for program materials, transportation needs, restaurants, entertainment and other program related needs.
- Coordinate and manage client products and signage.
- Prepare and send all supplies to on-site staff.
- Prepare program handbooks.
- Help to develop client websites for their programs.
- Coordinate Travel staff land and air arrangements, as needed
- Problem solving for participants.
- Program supply inventory and management.
- Maintain good attitude and teamwork with all other coordinators.
- Assist and support other coordinators with their programs.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Degree in Hospitality, Event Management or related field and/or 2-3 years’ experience in the travel field.
- Must have good relationship and communication skills.
- A team-oriented, positive attitude is essential.
- Capable of making solid and quick judgment calls under pressure.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with customers, other associates and management. Fluent in English is mandatory; Spanish or other languages a plus.
- Proven initiative and follow-through
- Ability to prioritize and schedule tasks in fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally as needed.
- Ability to handle and lift packages in excess of 10 pounds.
Contact: Heather Harrington