Position: Meeting Manager
Department: Meetings & Incentives, Operations
Location: Irvine, CA (on-site with customer)
Cadence is a full-service travel management company headquartered in La Jolla, California. We are driven by our core belief that supporting and caring for our employees to the greatest extent possible is the key to providing superior service to each and every client.
Cadence is most highly differentiated within the travel industry for cultivating a culture of care and love of service both internally and externally. We believe we are and always want to be the best place to call home for the travel professional. We offer a competitive compensation package including medical, dental and vision benefits and a 401K plan.
We are looking for a Meeting Manager with experience implementing and operating Strategic Meetings Management Programs. Position ectly supports C level executives and requires exceptional stakeholder management skills with the ability to provide high-touch customer service and exceed customer's goals. Individual will serve as primary liaison between pharmaceutical client and Cadence operations and account management teams.
Position will be based on-site with our client in Irvine, CA.
Meeting & Event Management
· Candidate will be responsible for all logistics related to the design, development, and execution of internal and customer facing events, including hotel/venue procurement
· Serve as liaison between client stakeholders, logistic partners, and Cadence team during planning process
· Assist with content management and design as needed
· Responsible for budget management, budget reconciliation, and payment processing for all assignment projects
· Utilizes Cvent Meeting Management tool to track all event information from project initiation through final accounting
· Partner with key business leaders (VP's of Sales, ectors and high level Managers), employees, vendors and contractors responsible for the execution of events and to ensure business objectives and deadlines are met
· Directly responsible for preparing budgets and providing periodic progress reports to event sponsor
· Communicates customer needs with internal Cadence team, including sourcing managers, registration managers, and leadership
· Identifies opportunities to increase efficiency of SMM program to drive ROI
Scheduling and Reporting
· Responsible for management of client's event calendar, including all meetings, events, customer events, tradeshows, incentive trips, etc.
· Maintains integrity of customer's event data in Cvent
· Creates monthly, quarterly, and annual meeting and financial reports for client's leadership team
· Minimum of 5 years' experience in meeting management required
· Experience implementing and operating strategic meetings management programs (SMMP) required
· Advanced proficiency with Cvent Meeting Management Software required
· Advance proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite
· CMP certification preferred
· Healthcare Meeting Compliance Certificate (HMCC) preferred, or equivalent
· Experience Business Travel Management preferred
· Bachelor's degree required
· Strong negotiation skills required
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills
· Requires little supervision to complete tasks and projects
· Ability to travel up to 35% of time
· Ability to work nights and weekends as needed based on event schedule