The American Statistical Association, a non-profit professional association located in Old Town Alexandria, seeks a full time Meeting Planner to join our Meetings Department team. They will provide administrative and logistical support for multiple annual local and non-local meetings, symposium, conferences and workshops sponsored by ASA.
For more details regarding some of our ASA sponsored meetings please go to:
Duties and Responsibilities:
Work with various member-based committees to set meeting dates, schedules, budgets, establish conference programs, and provide publicity for the meetings. Manage hotel and meeting services contracts for sleeping rooms, meeting rooms, audio-visual equipment, food and beverage, room setup and travel arrangements as needed.
ASA offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k, tuition reimbursement, free parking or subsidized public transportation. Please submit cover letter and resume by e-mail to Lynn@amstat.org, or mail to HR – Meeting Planner, American Statistical Association, 732 North Washington Street, Alexandria, VA 22314-1943. EOE.
About the American Statistical Association
The American Statistical Association is the world’s largest community of statisticians, the “Big Tent for Statistics.” It is the second-oldest, continuously operating professional association in the country. Since it was founded in Boston in 1839, the ASA has supported excellence in the development, application, and dissemination of statistical science through meetings, publications, membership services, education, accreditation, and advocacy. Our members serve in industry, government, and academia in more than 90 countries, advancing research and promoting sound statistical practice to inform public policy and improve human welfare.Job Requirements
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or and relevant experience.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 2 years of experience in meeting planning.
- Some association experience helpful.
- Excellent time management and organizational ability.
- Ability to handle stressful situations with minimal assistance.
- Creativity and problem solving.
- Sound judgment to prioritize different levels of demands.
- Strong interpersonal skills and diplomacy with staff, volunteers, and members.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks with minimal assistance.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent negotiation techniques.
- Knowledge of budget formulation and planning.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Familiarity with Asana and web-based communications tools preferred but not required.