LEO Events imagines, creates, designs and produces global corporate events, meetings, incentives, festivals and live experiences. We execute hundreds of events annually all over the world like KAABOO Del Mar (nominated by Pollstar as Festival of the Year) and for brands like Walmart, ExxonMobil and Sherwin-Williams. Our business mix is 90 percent B2B and 10 percent public events and B2C activations. Named to Eventmarketer’s Top 100 It List two years in a row and Special Events Magazine’s Top 50 Event Companies, LEO is a tight-knit group of extraordinary individuals, and we're constantly on the lookout for exceptional people to join our team. Our corporate office is in Memphis with additional offices in Nashville and Chattanooga, Tenn. Follow the Roar with LEO Events.
LEO Events is seeking a Meeting Planner to join our professional team to manage and execute successful meetings and incentive events locally, nationally and internationally. Working with LEO’s business development, production and creative teams, this position will lead mostly established accounts as the head planner. A highly visible role which demands extensive customer service skills, professionalism and a willingness to handle all planning and administrative details of meetings, the ideal candidate must thrive in a challenging and fast paced atmosphere where prioritizing and multi- tasking are the norm. Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills are mandatory. This dynamic position will report to a Principal and work in a team environment to produce turn-key meetings and incentive events. Working in an office setting, the position will entail moderate travel (estimated at 25-40%, depending on scope) We offer a full benefits package and competitive salary.
Job Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
Essential functions are listed in order of importance.
• Management of multiple national meetings, medium to large-scale conferences and events for a variety of clients simultaneously
• Support local events team with meeting or event management services as needed
• Site selection including hotel and/or venue, including the RFP process and contract negotiation
• Management of LEO Events annual contract and billing allocation with Cvent registration platform
• Event registration management including site build, module management, reporting and on-site registration
• Management of meeting related staffing including scheduling, training, pre-event meetings and debriefs
• Vendor RFP process and contract management as necessary
• Speaker & VIP Coordination
• Management of special event functions within the program
• Transportation vendor management as necessary
• Materials fulfillment, handling and shipping
• Event marketing communications as necessary
• Tradeshow/Exhibit management
• Manage agendas, meeting specs, rooms diagrams and BEOs
• Housing & Travel management including serving as liaison with contracted travel agency
• Create and manage program budgets
• Key liaison with clients and meeting participants
• Troubleshooting for all meeting service needs
• Work with creative team to design event materials and signage plans
• Client invoicing and reconciliation
• Management of Post event evaluations & surveys
• Management of Internal/external debrief meetings
• Develop and grow relationships with meeting service vendors such as hoteliers, suppliers (PC nametag), DMCs, etc.
• Responsible for working with Principals and Senior Leaders on internal meetings as needed
• This position will serve at the lead meeting planner supporting all necessary meeting services for the annual ROAR Retreat
• Assist VP of Events and Meeting Services team with annual local planner event
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in or a related field.
• Certified Meeting Planner (CMP), preferred
• Minimum 5+ years industry experience such as previous employment in corporate meetings and events, non-profit events, convention sales or services, destination management, hotel sales or services
• Candidate should be knowledgeable of market and industry trends
• Excellent communicator with ability to influence and persuade across all levels of the organization while exercising a high degree of tact and diplomacy
• Customer service oriented
• Strong writing and communications skills
• Demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills
• Strong business analytics, relationship management, strategy development, project management and problem-solving skills
• Ability to multitask
• Technically savvy and advanced
• Professional and positive approach
• Self-motivated team player
• Strong computer skills including work with MAC and PC, Power Point, Publisher, Dropbox, and more
• Ability to travel (estimated at 25-40%) and work nights and weekends as requested
• Operate job costed positions onsite as requested
• Great team member: willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to help colleagues when needed
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
Employee required to spend a portion of time in a seated position looking at a computer screen. Employee will be required to do some standing and walking. Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs. Employee will be in a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.