Meeting Planner is responsible for guiding a staff team to achieve results aligned with the organization's business strategy. Logistical lead for the MDRT EDGE meeting and works on various events at the MDRT Annual Meeting. Liaison to various vendors and contacts to execute quality requirements, while maintain sound fiscal practices. This position manages projects and work flow within a cyclical time-frame.
- Oversee coordination of all meeting logistics and vendor contract negotiations.
- Leads team meetings and develops agendas.
- Manages General and VIP Housing Block
- Responsible for management lateral for meeting
- Coordination of spec book & electronic spec book
- Works with DMC for all social events
- Manages site ion and RFP process for future Meeting sites
- Execute contracts for venues for future MDRT EDGE meetings
- Manage contract review process when multiple
contracts are in process.
- Reviews contracts for Convention Centers and hotels for future MDRT EDGE sites as required
- Manage contract review process that have been assigned to other Planners to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Manages the budget preparation of documents with various departmental staff
- Works closely with MS director to submit a balanced budget to the director of Finance
- Works closely with MS director throughout cycle to track "wish list" items, recommendation approvals, account adjustments and final actual costs
- Create Crisis Management manual and distributes to all staff attending meeting and the Executive Committee prior to the EDGE Meeting.
- Liaison to Task Force Director
- Conduct 2 Task Force conference calls and manage on-site even
- Obtain information regarding First Aid at the Convention
- Manages RFP and ion process for Security Firm.
- Meets with
staff to compile security requirements and prepare final logistics with the
- Meet with staff to compile Ask Me Temp locations and prepare final logistics
- Serve as point person to temps on site.