Graduation from an Accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner Program and current licensure to practice in the State of Texas. No experience required. JOB DESCRIPTION: Performs responsible clinical care in collaboration with the unit physician and under approved protocols, manages the medical aspects of care in the observation, assessment, diagnosis, intervention, evaluation, rehabilitation, care and health teachings of persons who are ill, injured or infirm or experiencing changes in normal health processes; and in the promotion and maintenance of health & prevention of illness in a clinical setting.
$88769 - 130, 000 (Commensurate with experience)
Specific Job Related Duties
- Obtains medical histories, organizes relevant data, performs physical examinations, and suggests pertinent laboratory, radiographic or other studies that are needed to establish or support a diagnosis
- Performs preliminary reviews of radiographs, laboratory data, ECG’s and other relevant clinical information; formulates and orders (Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner license) therapeutic regimens for treatment of pathologic states or disabling entities.
- Documents histories, physical examinations, and relevant clinical information, ensuring adequate documentation of existing medical conditions; medically classifies patients according to physical, functional and emotional capabilities.
- Monitors treatment progress and protocols of patients in chronic care clinical settings; counsels patients on preventive medicine regimens; reviews medical records or therapeutic regimens to insure proper content and appropriateness of medical regimen
- Provides patient counseling and health instruction about medical problems, nutrition, medication and principles of health promotion and maintenance. • Serves as representative and emissary of the physician in delegated matters of related duties as required
- Interdisciplinary coordination and clinical care responsibilities.
- Documents all health care encounters and relevant clinical information in the electronic medical records.
Shift hours to include nights and weekends
Preferred Work Experience
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant ONLY. Ideally, 1 Year Experience
#nurse practitioner #Physician Assistant #acute care #critical care
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 62522