The Program Manager is responsible for site research, RFP development, RFP response analysis and recommendation, negotiating, contracting, web site development and attendee registration, budget development and management, program logistics, value-added client counseling, onsite management, invoice review, final billing, savings reporting and data entry. The Program Manager serves as the liaison between the meeting contact and hotel/supplier for the duration of meeting and owns and manages client relationships.
Client Management and Account Responsibilities:
- Understanding of client's business and Meeting Policies.
- After meeting is assigned, initiate client the call for program review.
- Adhere to all deadlines and turnaround times.
- Expected to treat colleagues, employees, and suppliers with whom you interact with respect and dignity.
- Responsible for protecting confidential information of BCD M&E and client.
- Conduct oneself in a professional and approachable manner always.
- Assume and perform other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, but which are logically and properly inherent to the position.
- Source hotel availability based on the program specifications. Provide (via meetings technology if applicable) preliminary rate and availability grids, and preliminary program budgets, as required, to assist the Client meeting sponsor in making a final decision on program location.
- Utilize and leverage Client, or BCD M&E preferred hotel agreements when negotiating hotel contracts.
- Negotiate all vendor contracts to meet or exceed account savings goals, working with the Client's legal department as needed.
- Facilitate the execution of all vendor contracts.
- Review all vendor final bills, dispute as appropriate and reconcile all final billing. Reconcile all final participation data for accurate final attendee report. Update program cancellations, late adds and walk-ins to ensure final attendee database is accurate and complete.
- Enter all required data (attendance, billing, budget) in client's preferred meeting technology tool and perform necessary savings tracking.
- Utilize preferred vendors for quality of service and maximum pricing advantage.
- Maintain positive supplier relationships.
- Maintain the highest level of quality, professionalism and integrity when negotiating with suppliers
Planning and Attendee Management:
- Oversee program development, planning and execution of all assigned programs from the point of meeting assignment.
- Ensure internal and external reporting requirements are met.
- Must have the ability to identify resources in a complex organization to effectively get results.
- Add value to client by counseling client on best practices and guiding the client on ways to make their event successful.
- Participate as needed, in operational site visits.
- Determine and arrange detailed program needs (i.e. room set-up, function times, audio visual, menu selections, on-site/off site events and activities, DMC operations, special events, ground transfers, room deliveries, VIP needs, etc.).
- Ability to work via project plan and or spec sheet.
- Update budgets as necessary during planning and prepare final budgets -- Communicate budgetary information to client throughout the planning and execution of meeting.
- Review supplier bills for accuracy and ensure timely payment and final billing process.
- Travel onsite as directed by manager and required by the meeting sponsor and serve as lead representative for suppliers and client, as needed. Operate program according to BCD M&E and client standards and policies.
- Must have understanding of and be adaptable to mobile app technologies and use client's preferred mobile app
- Design and create the invitation letter and registration web format (if applicable)
- Work directly with Client prior to website development to assess event reporting needs and client's desired reporting schedule once registration opens.
- Troubleshoot registration issues and answer any questions Client may have while managing the day to day registration of the program
- Manage room blocks to ensure registration does not exceed availability. Work with Client to determine any additional rooms needed. Communicate requests directly to hotel and review associated hotel addendum with Client. Consult with Client at attrition cut-off dates. Communicate desired rooms reduction with hotel at attrition dates.
- Minimum three (3) years meeting planning/hotel sales and/or catering/convention services experience
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships with external clients.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Travel industry and destination knowledge
- Ability to quickly adapt to and learn new technology interfaces
- Strong accounting skills
- Ability to think outside the box and tap into creative solutions for client needs
- College Degree strongly preferred
- CMP preferred
- Adaptable to new meeting technology tools