The Regional Director of Convention Sales (Southwest Region- So. California, Arizona and Utah.) is responsible for effectively soliciting, selling and booking the Reno, Sparks, and North Lake Tahoe area as a convention destination and for achieving the sales targets and objectives of the Reno Sparks Convention & Visitor's Authority. The optimum candidate will have convention and meetings market knowledge. The Regional Director of Convention Sales is responsible for the booking of business with potential and established customers to utilize hotels and RSCVA facilities for their conventions and meetings including, but not limited to, conventions, exhibits, trade shows, sports, corporate meetings, incentive programs, association activities and special events. This position is also responsible for interfacing with the RSCVA Marketing and Sales department, various “stakeholder” and property owners ensuring that the RSCVA’s activities are coordinated and meeting their requirements.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Development, Public Relations, Advertising, Marketing or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
2. Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in Conventions, Tourism and or Hospitality.
3. Familiar with a variety of the Convention and Tourism concepts, practices, and procedures.
4. Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships, foster trust and cooperation among team members as well as customers. Must have an outgoing personality and able to make instant connections.
5. Proficient with computers and in MS office.
6. Ability to communicate proficiently in English both verbally and in writing.