Senior Conference Planner - 85779
Organization: CF-Office of the Chief Financial Office (OCFO)
Berkeley Lab's Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO, http://www2.lbl.gov/Workplace/CFO/) is looking for a Senior Conference Planner to join their dynamic Conference Services Team (http://www2.lbl.gov/Workplace/CFO/conferences/index.html)!
In this role, you will consult with clients on how events/conferences will meet their business objectives and recommend solutions to complex problems. Reporting to the Supervisor of Conference Services, this position is responsible for controlling meeting and event costs and policy compliance through the development of a vendor ion strategy, careful planning, and execution. This role will be expected to fully participate in some Lab-wide initiatives such as the Conference Council, Open House, and the Food Service Advisory Committee.
What You Will Do:
• Meet with appropriate Leaders to gain a full understanding of the event and develop a scope of work.
• Establish tasks and timelines with client team to meet deadlines.
• Consult and assist with event budget development and ongoing cost tracking.
• Conduct fair and open process for off-site venue ion and provide guidance to client in final decision.
• Negotiate and approve cost effective contracts with a variety of venues.
• Develop and manage partnerships with vendors and act as liaison with Lab client team.
• Evaluate, and schedule event vendors (catering, transportation, security, and equipment rental, AV, etc).
• Schedule and execute Event Team Meetings and Post-Program Debriefs.
• Provide post-event analysis, budget recaps and participant feedback and incorporate learning into future plans.
• Support planning for meetings, conferences, and events held on- or off-site to ensure client satisfaction and efficient use of resources.
• Develop and maintain relationships with hotel and catering vendors.
• Work laboratively with Department of Energy (DOE) Site Office and maintain productive working relationships.
• Provide leadership and assistance to the Lab's internal personnel including budget oversight, metrics, and training.
• Oversee the institutional contract for event rental equipment making sure best practices and prices are procured for the Lab.
What is Required:
• A Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field and a minimum of 4 years of related work experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must hold certification in one of the following: CMP, CMM, or CGMP (Certified Meeting Planner, Certified Meeting Manager, or Certified Government Meeting Professional).
• Experience building, marketing, and developing customer client base (building a business).
• Must have experience with and a thorough understanding of event contracts.
• Experience in all conference and event coordination aspects including the ability to organize several highly complex meetings at one time in various stages.
• Experience with analysis, negotiation, and implementation of hotel, restaurants, catering and ground transportation group contract agreements that result in cost reduction and increased customer satisfaction.
• Demonstrated interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills including the ability to interface with all levels of personnel both internal and external to the organization with a high degree of professionalism.
• Able to visualize and implement new methods and systems to enhance department capabilities.
• Must be able to lift items up to 20 lbs.
What We Desire:
• Experience developing and managing budgets.
• Advanced graduate degree.
• Experience with Society of Government Meeting Professional (SGMP) or Meeting Professional International (MPI).
The posting shall remain open until the position is filled.
• This is a full time, M-F, exempt from overtime pay (monthly paid), Career appointment.
• Salary is commensurate with experience.
• This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they ectly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
• Work will be primarily performed at Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) - Bldg. 971, 6401 Hollis St., Emeryville, CA.
How To Apply
Apply ectly online at http://188.8.131.52/counter.php?id=145518 and follow the on-line instructions to complete the application process.
Learn About Us:
Berkeley Lab (LBNL, http://www.lbl.gov/) addresses the world's most urgent scientific challenges by advancing sustainable energy, protecting human health, creating new materials, and revealing the origin and fate of the universe. Founded in 1931, Berkeley Lab's scientific expertise has been recognized with 13 Nobel prizes. The University of California manages Berkeley Lab for the U.S. Department of Energy's Office of Science.
Working at Berkeley Lab has many rewards including a competitive compensation program, excellent health and welfare programs, a retirement program that is second to none, and outstanding development opportunities. To view information about the many rewards that are offered at Berkeley Lab, visit https://commons.lbl.gov/display/hr/Benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, or, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender entity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4 (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html). Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) to view the poster: "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law".