The Senior Director of Meetings & Events will be an integral part of the Marketing team, and responsible for leading the vision, strategy, planning and execution of both industry and internal meeting/events across both of the company’s portfolios, ALHI and WorldHotels, in the Americas.
The Senior Director of Meetings & Events will work with the appropriate individuals to develop and manage meeting/event timelines, deadlines and budgets. Additionally this position will be responsible for actively measuring meeting/event performance and ROI, as well as working collaboratively with Sales colleagues to ensure growth by driving member and customer participation at all meetings/events.
The Senior Director of Meetings & Events shall report directly to the Director of Marketing and Brand Communications.
Duties and responsibilities (included but not limited to):
- Develop, create and execute the meeting/event vision and strategy for both ALHI and WorldHotels in the Americas.
- Work with Executive Leadership and Sales teams to support company priorities and message focus areas.
- Measure performance and ROI from all company meetings/events.
- Develop and manage meeting/event budgets for ALHI and WorldHotels in the Americas. Hold both internal colleagues and external partners accountable to budgetary guidelines.
- Manage and develop event/meeting team, as well as provide leadership of the team at all key events (e.g. IEC, EWIL, Executive Cup, IFLE).
- Assist the Director of Marketing and Brand Communications and Marketing with all meeting/event related creative content and collateral.
- Work with business managers to develop engaging and event content.
- Cultivates the partnership of both ALHI and WorldHotels for shared meetings/events.
- Stay up-to-date with all industry related meeting /event trends and recommend new event opportunities to the Executive Leadership team.
- Drive member attendance and engagement at major meetings/events.
- Work with the Sales team to ensure maximum customer participation at these meetings/events as well.
- Stay up-to-date with all compliance, legal and regulatory guidelines that impact meetings and events.
- Manage all planning and vendor relations for meetings/events.
- Ensure the successful execution of all facets of meetings/events (e.g. logistics, completed registrations, timely payments).
- Onsite event management (where necessary) of all major ALHI and WorldHotels meetings/events (e.g. IEC, EWIL, Executive Cup, IFLE).
- Oversee all pre-event and post-event communications and marketing initiatives.
- Identify and monitor competitor event activity.
- Uphold highest of internal and external customer service always.
- Work with senior leadership team, sales team, customers and members to align goals and successfully work through business challenges.
- Abide by the policies and procedures of Associated Luxury Hotels.
- Performance of other duties, as needed and as assigned by Director of Marketing and Brand Communications.
The Senior Director of Meetings & Events must be self-motivated with an outstanding work ethic. The ideal candidate is driven and passionate about all facets of meeting/event planning, plus have experience identifying industry trends and opportunities, coordinating multiple ongoing meeting/event programs. The ideal candidate will also demonstrate exceptional creative flair in developing exciting meeting/event programming that delivers impactful results that support brand objectives.
The Senior Director of Meetings & Events will assist the Director of Marketing and Brand Communications in the creation and execution of content strategies that will improve brand awareness, recognition, favorability and growth objectives across key audiences. Experience in using metrics and marketing performance measurement is critical to optimize results and ROI in this marketing environment.
Previous experience in meeting/event planning is required. This individual must demonstrate strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills, including the ability to present recommendations to the senior leadership team. The Senior Director of Meeting & Events must be a detail-oriented, organized and able to successfully direct multiple projects with through completion.
A minimum of 6 years of working experience in a related field, preferably at a hotel, resort or marketing or event planning firm company that specializes in hospitality, PR and marketing, is preferred. A clear understanding of the lodging industry and the various distribution channels will be a plus, as well as a demonstrated ability to prepare and effectively maintain meeting/event budgets. An Associate Degree, in hospitality and/or Event Planning, is required.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with databases, data analysis, segmentation and email marketing platforms as well as a working knowledge of the latest Microsoft Office products.
Contact: Suzanne McKay.