A-Plus Meetings and Incentives is an award-winning meeting management services provider seeking an experienced meeting planner. We have 25 years of experience serving the meeting and incentive travel needs of Fortune 500 companies – everything from 25-person Board of Director meetings to 5,000-person sales meetings. We are a WBENC-certified woman-owned business with a passion for helping our clients create exceptional meetings throughout the U.S. and across the globe. If you share our passion for creating memorable meetings, come join our team of 25+ people (and growing!) in South Florida.
Ideal candidate will have extensive corporate meeting planning experience with a strong knowledge of venue contracting, agenda management, F&B management, meeting technology tools, and budget management. Exceptional customer service attitude a must!
Excellent compensation and benefits package for the right candidate. We're a high-touch service organization with a "never say no" attitude. If you share our values, please send your resume. Strong preference for candidates based in, or able to relocate to, South Florida.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Responsible for developing and managing client programs and building client relationships. Responsible for overseeing staff from program inception to completion, managing the goals and objectives of the program, monitoring cost controls and keeping within client budget.Job Requirements
- Client management
- Project and budget management
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and an eye for quality
- Taking initiative and being proactive
- Problem solving
- Manage all the components of a group incentive travel or meeting program, including relationship with the client(s).
- Develop, manage and monitor budgets for each program from inception to completion.
- Develop and manage client expectations and timelines of each program.
- Develop new business with client whenever possible.
- Manage the profitability of the account according to projections.
- Lead cross-functional account team including internal departments, contract staff and vendors.
- Supervise Meeting Coordinators and staff during the entire program.
- Relay accurate information to the client contact in a timely manner.
- Manage and develop all trip specifications including ground transportation.
- Conduct travel staff briefings and coordinate with onsite staff; as needed.
- Coordinate with Destination Management Company’s where applicable.
- Prior successful experience in developing and maintaining key client and supplier relationships.
- Prior experience in effectively handling multiple projects/demands.
- Strong knowledge of program/event management and budget maintenance.
- Adhere to all internal processes and timelines including final billing closeout files.
- Plan and lead site inspections - provide input onsite and feedback to the department.
- Organize and lead pre/post-con meetings.
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Degree in Hospitality, Event Management or related field and a minimum of 5-7 year’s experience in the travel field.
- CMP or PMP certification preferred.
- A team-oriented, positive attitude is essential.
- Capable of making solid and quick judgment calls under pressure.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with customers, other associates and management. Fluent English is mandatory; Spanish or other languages a plus.
- Proven initiative and follow-through.
- Ability to prioritize and schedule tasks in fast-paced environment.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Identify and implement improvements in processes, tools and documentation.
- Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally as needed.
- Ability to handle and lift packages in excess of 10 pounds.