The Marketing Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for Special Events Coordinator in the DC office. The Coordinator is a key member of the Special Events team within the Firm’s Marketing Department, responsible for maximizing the Firm’s investment in events as drivers of business opportunities. The Special Events Coordinator reports to the Special Events Manager, but may receive guidance and supervision from Special Events Director.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing the communications plan for each event to ensure efficient and timely promotion, including monitoring RSVP progress and outreach to maximize attendance.
- Managing and updating invitation and RSVP lists.
- Coordinating in-person and virtual events to ensure smooth execution.
- Setting-up registration websites.
- Coordinating and creating onsite attendee materials and name badges.
- Maintaining and managing content for Events pages on Firm website and intranet.
- Creating post-events reports.
- Coordinating the Firm’s participation in trade shows and conferences for which the Firm serves as a sponsor or exhibitor. Installing and dismantling the Firm’s exhibit and materials.
- Managing the inventory of client gifts and giveaways.
- Coordinating with other Firm departments including Operations and IT to ensure seamless delivery of events.
- Assisting with special departmental projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, Events Management or Hospitality required) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a law firm environment or a professional services organization.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of applications, including Cvent, Vuture and Survey Monkey; MS-Word, MS-Excel, and MS-PowerPoint.
- Effective communication skills, both in person and via phone or email, including correspondence with firm clients.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while prioritizing work assignments.
- Enthusiastic self-starter with can also work with multiple layers of supervision
- Ability to build rapport with attorneys and other professional staff. This includes listening carefully to requests and asking questions when necessary.
- Excellent organizational skills with particular attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under the pressure of deadlines and manage budgets.
- Ability to work early mornings, evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Willing and able to travel in support of events as needed.
Arnold & Porter is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our Firm's equal opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and terms and conditions, including, without limitation, recruitment, employment, assignment, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, disciplinary action and terminations. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Arnold & Porter maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster. Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.