Position Description/Job Duties
The McNamara Alumni Center (www.mac-events.org) is an award-winning event venue on the University of Minnesota Minneapolis campus. The 7-member events team facilitates nearly 800 events annually. 75% of McNamara's events are University events that are quite familiar with the venue. 25% of the event business is new business from clients who are interested in McNamara for weddings and corporate events.
The sales coordinator is responsible for booking events in the 10-room conference center. Primary responsibilities include entering reservation requests and selling event space to new clients, responding to an average of 15 new leads per week. We are looking for someone to join our two-member sales team who thinks creatively to convert leads and maximize room usage within the venue, manages interruptions well, has superior writing skills, an acute attention to detail and provides excellent customer service.
McNamara is privately owned by the University of Minnesota Foundation and University of Minnesota Alumni Association. Event staff are employees of Cushman & Wakefield with main offices in Bloomington, MN and at the McNamara Alumni Center.Position Requirements/Qualifications
Sales Coordination and Reservation Intake
The sales coordinator will work ectly with the sales manager who together will place event dates on hold and help convert inquiries to bookings.
- Manage incoming venue inquiries from University departments, external (non-University) clients and wedding couples received through McNamara's website, email, phone, and online listings
- Serve as first on phones for the main events phone line and respond to general email inquiries within 24 hours
- Prepare timely quotes that include custom floorplans and food/beverage estimates provided by D'Amico Catering
- Schedule and conduct tours of the venue for prospective clients
- Prepare and distribute event contracts and confirmations with accurate pricing applied
- Manage contract/deposit lection and monitor master event calendar with specific attention to 1-week holds and repeat business
- Anticipate annual events and initiate calls to clients to secure future dates
Social Media & Marketing Support
Under the guidance of ector of sales and marketing, the sales coordinator will assist with McNamara's photo library, online web listings and social media, and open houses throughout the year.
- Enhance McNamara's social media presence by writing content to promote engagement and accurately represent our brand voice
- Update sales board monthly with new bookings to help sales and marketing staff determine flash sale dates to promote on McNamara's website and other advertising outlets
- Compile customer emails, prepare email and survey templates, send monthly surveys to past clients
Account Receivables and Reporting
- Monitor weekly credit card reports and send to accounting department for data entry
- Code and file payment receipts that are returned from accounting department
- Run month-end reports including site visit recap, attendance tracker, cancellations, lost business reasons, room revenue, repeat business, track event cancellations and client reasons for releasing holds, etc.
REQUIREMENTS: 4-year lege degree, superior writing skills, demonstrated success with social media campaigns (promoting an event, project or program), maintains a patient demeanor amidst numerous daily interruptions. EMS booking software, Social Tables floorplan software and event experience a plus.
The sales coordinator generally follows the office hours of 8:30am - 5:00pm but tours may be requested after 5pm or on an occasional Saturday.
PAY: Hourly + parking + generous Cushman & Wakefield benefits package; commensurate with experienceApplication Instructions
A resume, 3 professional references and a cover letter are required. Applications must be received through the Cushman & Wakefield job posting: https://careers.cushmanwakefield.com/job/CUWAGLOBALR45657/Venue-Sales-Coordinator