Responsible for motivating and leading high performing teams ensuring operational excellence, SLA achievement and high functioning staff. Responsible for ensuring the financial performance of scalable, non-dedicated resource pool. Responsible for effectively forecasting volume and labor across multiple client accounts. Responsible for accurate billing of multiple customers including commission impact. Provide strategic direction to supervisors. Act as ultimate owner of operational performance for Meeting Solutions. Work with sales and operations leadership on potential new sales opportunities for MS. Conduct oneself in a positive, professional and ethical manner expected of a senior leader from a BCD and client perspective.
This is a virtual, work from home position.
- Understand the full scope of operational delivery for assigned accounts
- Hold supervisors accountable to continual optimization of process creating efficiency and service excellence across the client operating team
- Ability to address complex issues utilizing a clear, thoughtful manner, and to come to resolution quickly without jeopardizing the relationships with people involved
- Model effective service configurations for new and existing business
- Proactively forecast workload and maintain adequate amount of staffing for support
- Work with management to ensure service delivery meets contractual requirements and SLAs
- Manage scope creep and consult with account management to document, price and sell in expanded services as needed
- Effectively manage P&L and profitability to include time tracking, volume forecasting, staff forecasting, pricing structure and billing
- Ownership of additional Costa Rica expansion if needed
- Lead the team in setting annual organizational and functional goals, budgets and staffing plans, as well as interim and final assessment systems for goal attainment.
- Empower and motivate team to take on tasks to achieve greater results
- Continually monitor staff alignment and organization with direct reports to ensure the highest levels of customer service, efficiency and productivity.
- Oversee the team to ensure appropriate workloads, career opportunities, and recognition are given to ensure retention of key employees
- Identify gaps and build training strategy with performance optimization team to ensure staff are performing at top levels
- Hold supervisors accountable for consistent and accurate performance counseling when needed
- Develop a culture of team vs. individuals
- Effectively manage direct reports, setting performance expectations and providing training and skill development based on job function.
- Establish a culture of innovation and consultancy
- Schedule and hold regular one-on-one meetings.
- Conduct employee annual performance reviews. Establish plans with individuals to ensure maximized performance against goals
- Lead by example and promote #beBCDME
- Advocate for BCD supported recommendations surrounding adjustments and business cases for change with team and client
- Serve as ultimate client escalation point for service delivery issues
- Be proactive and anticipatory with operational trends and implement necessary changes in a timely manner
- Ensure team meets or exceeds customer expectations by managing customer service levels, quality and productivity and by providing value added solutions and recommendations
- Identify opportunities for enhanced stakeholder engagement and opportunities to bring in account management to help organically grow the account
- Competency to manage client relationships-establishing, developing and maintaining client trust and loyalty over time and through changes.
- Build a deep understanding of our key clients' businesses
- Maintain 100% customer retention
- Interact with other enterprise leadership surrounding best practices, efficiency gains and innovation.
- Share best-practices beyond the dedicated team -- strive to knowledge share across all verticals
- Engage other teams, roles to find creative solutions to team needs
- Participate in special projects, as needed. Identify and encourage participation from other team members
- Identify opportunities for BCD to up-sell/cross-sell services
- Serve as a member of the BCD management team and participate in company level best practice sharing, sales opportunities, organizational education, etc.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience in incentives, event planning and/or program management.
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience in operations/account/client management.
- Minimum of seven (7) years experience in managing people.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience managing outside vendors, sourcing and negotiating contract services.
- Proficiency in Office applications.
- First hand experience of domestic and international group travel.
- CMP certification preferred.