This position is responsible for managing the day to day operations of a team of Program Managers. Ensure successful service delivery while providing a high level of customer service to program attendees and the client. Maintain strong working relationship with team members through regular touch base meetings and mentoring and coaching employees. Build the clients trust through active and open communication and achievement of SLAs. Managed planning and implementation for meetings as needed. Conduct oneself in a positive, professional and ethical manner expected of a leader. Embrace the BCD M&E culture and become part of the project planning delivery team. This role is required to work onsite at client quarters near Charlotte, NC.
Operations Management (75%)
- Effectively manage a dedicated team of program managers.
- Ensure program managers understand their roles, have the necessary resources, skills and training to perform their roles well.
- Drive the talent management process to ensure the hiring, development and retention of team.
- Provide support and education to the team regarding daily operations and active meetings / events.
- Conduct employee performance reviews and provide coaching and training support. Provide coaching on performance.
- Analyze new meetings and work to assign meetings and monitor workload, escalating staffing requirements as workload demands.
- Assist in targeting and implementing new operational processes, tools, and efficiencies.
- Monitor final product for quality, accuracy and completeness.
- Serve as escalation point for customers for timely resolution of program delivery issues. Further escalate when appropriate.
Program Management - 25%
- Programs management to include determining meeting needs, hotel sourcing and contracting, budget management, vendor ion (Hotel, AV, DMC, etc.) and contract negotiation
- Responsible for data management, accurate and timely data entry and the integrity of meeting files
- Provide on-site implementation, trip ector availability and onsite staff management
- Prepare post meeting documentation and financial debrief / handoff
- Assume and perform other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, but which are logically and properly inherent to the position.
- Serve as an adviser to the project planning team on preferred supplier partnerships and service offerings aligned to meeting needs
- Maintain positive and professional relationships with preferred suppliers and facilitate team introductions
- Facilitate the use of EVED for RFPs, contracting and payments and encourage supplier feedback captured within the tool
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3-5 years' industry related experience (i.e. meeting planning, attendee management and on-site logistics)
- Experience in people management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Must work out of client's home office facility near Charlotte, NC.
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly
- Must be able to travel for site inspections, employee training and onsite operations for assigned programs as needed, 1-25% of the time