**This is a virtual, work from home position**
The Sourcing Manager owns and manages client relationships and will serve as the liaison between the meeting contact and the hotel/supplier during the sourcing and contracting phase of the meeting and occasionally through the duration of the meeting.
They are primarily responsible for site research, ion, RFP development, value added client counseling, budgeting, negotiations, contracting and savings consolidation. Additional responsibilities may include on a limited scale attendee registration, web site development, program organization, onsite management, and reconciliation.
Primary market of responsibility will be North America (United States & Canada), but you will handle international programs as well. Programs will vary in scopes and sizes from 10 attendees through 2,000+ attendees. Communication lines within the team are open and flexible and you will have ownership responsibility for following all processes appropriately as well as being the subject matter expert for your client.
- Source hotel availability based on the program specifications. Provide (via meetings technology) preliminary rate and availability grids, and preliminary program budgets, as required to assist the Client meeting sponsor in making a final decision on program location.
- Negotiate hotel and venue contracts.
- Effectively be able to negotiate client specific addendum with vendors and venues
- Work with the client on hotel deposit payments.
- Manage day-to-day industry relationships.
- Utilize and leverage Client, or BCD Meeting & Events preferred hotel agreements when negotiating hotel contracts.
- Schedule and attend supplier visits as required.
- Ensure technology data integrity.
- Work with the Client to develop, coordinate and implement program agendas and itineraries.
- Manage and utilize a program timeline. Meet deadlines accordingly.
- Facilitate the creation of program web sites including invitation letter, agenda and registration ; build simple sites, ect development of complex sites to a web developer. Proof, read and test all sites; present and gain meeting sponsor approval as needed.
- Responsible for program data management/registration process, data integrity and client reporting. Ensure data reconciliation is complete and accurate. Update Client and suppliers as needed.
- Coordinate a variety of actions and services for onsite support of a meeting or event as needed.
- Present final billing to meeting sponsor/contact.
- Assume and perform other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, but which are logically and properly inherent to the position.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- CMP certification strongly preferred
- Cvent experience strongly preferred
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in managing outside vendors, sourcing and negotiating contract services as well as planning corporate meetings, congresses, incentives and/or special events
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong contract negotiation skills on domestic and international agreements
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication and listening skills, written and verbal